Last week was rough. Fred Jackson was let go from the Buffalo Bills and I’m devastated.
I feel betrayed.
I feel cheated.
I feel like I need something to comfort me in my time of sadness.
These Mexican Sundae Bars will do just that. They are ridiculously easy to make
because who has time to spend in the kitchen when you’re too busy crying over Fred Jackson and are sure to cure any sadness.
This one’s for you, Fred!
Mexican Sundae Bars
Bittersweet Chocolate. Heavy Cream. Water Bath. That’s it.
I told you this was easy.
Disposable paper cups. Popsicle sticks. Easy, easy.
Spanish peanuts & store-bought vanilla ice cream get added to the mix. Yeah, I’m cheating with store-bought vanilla ice cream. And????
I told y’all I don’t have time to waste in the kitchen when I’m too busy crying over Fred. Leave me alone.
To the freezer to become cold and bitter.
8 hours later things are looking up.
Sunshine on a cloudy day.
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups Spanish peanuts
- popsicle sticks
- 6 8-oz paper cups
- In a heatproof glass or stainless-steel bowl combine the chocolate and heavy cream. Place bowl over a water bath on medium-low heat and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Using your paper cups as molds, layer the chocolate, peanuts and ice cream. Start and finish with the chocolate sauce.
- Place popsicle stick through the center and to the bottom of the cup.
- Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Using a paring knife or scissors, cut a small slit in the lip of the cup. Gently pull on the cup starting from the slit and peel away from the ice cream bar.
- Serve with plenty of napkins.