When I see a grapefruit I automatically think of my cousin Marie. She has been obsessed with grapefruits for as long as I can remember.
As kids, I remember her regularly eating a halved grapefruit with a serrated spoon at the breakfast table. I was impressed. I wanted to appreciate grapefruit as much as I appreciated Frosted Flakes. No success. As hard as I tried I could never fully embrace them, even when I did cover the surface with loads of sugar.
I’ve warmed up to it over the years and it often makes its appearance in my baked goods and cocktails. Mostly cocktails.
I’m really digging this Grapefruit-Poppyseed Bundt. Fragrant, dense, gently sweet & really gorgeous. Also, the recipe is very user -friendly because I care about you. Tell your friends.
- 2 sticks + 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp grapefruit zest
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (about 1/2 of a grapefruit)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour + more for pan, all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using the 1 tbsp of butter, grease an 8″ bundt pan. Add a few tablespoons of flour to the pan & roll around until the flour evenly covers the entire interior surface. Shake out excess flour.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (minus the poppyseed) & whisk to fully incorporate.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar & zest with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. About 4-5 minutes
- Add eggs, one at a time, letting it fully mix in until next addition.
- Add grapefruit juice.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Be cautious to not over mix.
- Fold in the Greek yogurt & poppyseeds.
- Add the batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake 55-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest 15 minutes and invert the bundt cake onto a serving dish.
- Top with powdered sugar
This recipe is a remix of Martha Stewart’s Lemon Bundt Cake